Hate to say I told you so
We must not therefore reproach each other with our mistakes and errors, but must guard against the only danger which peoples who have reached a high level of civilisation and knowledge need fear, the danger of false doctrines which imperceptibly undermine laws, morals and institutions. When Europe emerges from this violent crisis, she cannot perish except by wasting away. The day when the atheistic dogma of the sovereignty of the people replaces in politics the sacred dogma of the sovereignty of God; the day when Europe ceases to be Christian and monarchical, she will perish, and the sceptre of the world will pass to other hands.
This from Louis de Bonald writing in 1799, one of the defining figures of the Right, now called the Old Right to distinguish it from its contemporary pretenders. Is anyone giving this thought the consideration it deserves?
Rebellion, Tradition and Loud Music
This Traditionalist web site considers Black Metal music as the harbinger of tradition. Hardly the last word, it is not even the first word on the topic. Tradition is the opposite of rebellion, it is submission. We are left wondering what the Black Metal and Neofolk people are willing to submit to.
- Apart from Ron Paul, why do the Republican Debates sound like a meeting of the Gorillas in Planet of the Apes?
- Michelle Bachman would be much more convincing if Iran threatened to wipe Florida or Colorado “off the map”. She needs to decide for which country she is running for President.
- While most of us contribute money to the Federal government, Newt Gingrich can give us lessons on how to suck money out of it.
- Rick Perry bobs his head when he talks just like George Bush. Must be a Texas thing.
- The USA celebrated Victory in Iraq day this week. Except there was no pubic celebration. I don’t think there has been a victory celebration since 1945.
- No Triumph for a General or President. Hussein and bin Laden should have been paraded around like Vircengetorix.
- Mission Accomplished. That means we have deprived Iraq of its weapons of mass destruction and that it is safe to fly commercial airlines without begin searched…. Doesn’t it?